Today I will chair a meeting of Australia’s Trade and Investment Ministers and Tourism Ministers in Adelaide.
We will discuss ways to further grow Australia’s exports, increase investment and attract more tourists to Australia.
Working together to achieve this will help drive economic growth and create new jobs across the country.
On the agenda for the Trade and Investment Ministers’ Meeting is the Turnbull Government’s initiative to create a new nation brand for Australia. We will also discuss ways to further enhance collaboration in overseas markets and I will provide an update on Australia’s trade negotiations.
Later this month the Turnbull Government will launch negotiations for a trade agreement with the European Union as we pursue the country’s most ambitious trade agenda.
A trade agreement with the EU will open up a market for Australian goods and services of half a billion people and a GDP of US$17.1 trillion, creating opportunities for Australian exporters from all states and territories.
At the Tourism Ministers’ Meeting we will discuss the next-long term national tourism strategy.
Today’s meeting comes as record numbers of international tourists are visiting Australia and spending record amounts. Working with the states and territories is essential to ensure we keep building on this record growth.
Australian Ministers in attendance:
- The Hon Steven Ciobo MP (Federal Minister, Chair)
- The Hon David Ridgway (South Australia)
- The Hon Philip Dalidakis MP (Victoria)
- The Hon John Eren MP (Victoria)
- The Hon Andrew Barr MLA (Australian Capital Territory)
- The Hon Adam Marshall MP (New South Wales)
- The Hon Alannah MacTiernan (Western Australia)
- The Hon Paul Papalia CSC, MLA (Western Australia)
- The Hon Rene Hidding MP (Tasmania)
- The Hon Lauren Moss MLA (Northern Territory)
- The Hon Annastacia Palaszczuk MP (Queensland)
- The Hon Kate Jones MP (Queensland)
- Trade Minister's Office: (02) 6277 7420
- DFAT Media Liaison: (02) 6261 1555